If you are wanting to learn what it takes to build a tiny house and decide whether tiny house living is for you from professionals who have built their own tiny houses and live in them too, then this workshop by members of the Tiny House Collaborative is for you. Sign up now for 2 full days covering tiny house planning, lifestyle, design & building, and you’ll have the opportunity to learn from experienced tiny house builders, designers and advocates through presentations, hands-on design activities, Q&A sessions, house tours, round-table discussions and more!
- Intro to tiny houses & “Is tiny right for you?”
- Major decisions overview
- Planning your build – budget, construction, DIY
- Intro to tiny house design & design exercises
- Framing & basic building techniques
- Plumbing, electrical & propane systems
- Toilet & gray water options – composting and more!
- Thermal envelope – insulation and ventilation
- Zoning issues, regulations – how and where to park or build
- Layout considerations and design tricks
- Lifestyle design – appliances, pets, relationships and more!
With a cap at just 40 participants, the THLab is committed to providing a unique, intimate, and informative setting.
BONUS: On Sunday the workshop will be touring at least one custom built tiny house on wheels.