I wrote a post just a couple of weeks ago about pregnancy and pest repellent. While I took no real position on the matter I did strongly emphasize that a DEET free product would be much more intelligent to use…for anyone! It didn’t stop comments and even complaints about my indiscretions regarding the use of DEET. The ultimate “try it I dare you” though came from a wonderful company that is both a sponsor of my blog and a good resource for gardeners and micro-homesteaders; Liquid Fence.
The Liquid Fence Company manufactures a line of innovative, eco-safe and cruelty-free animal repellents and lawn products, including Liquid Fence Deer & Rabbit Repellent — the No. 1 selling deer and rabbit repellent in the country. I came across them through another blog, Jenn’s Gardening Spot. It was there that I told a story of my experience with garden rabbits and ended up winning a lovely prize pack. And thus began my love for all things Liquid Fence.
So back to DEET. Once I wrote the post I was contacted by Liquid Fence and sent two packages of Liquid Net all-natural insect repellent.
Liquid Net® is completely DEET free and is made from all natural, pleasant smelling ingredients like lemon grass, cedarwood, and citronella oils. Applicable by convenient towelettes, and pump-sprays that fit in pockets, purses and backpacks, the non-greasy insect repellent is easy to use and as far as I am concerned 100% effective. Now I won’t say that when I applied the repellent the insects just hovered around this bubble I seemingly wore. Rather, they just didn’t bother me. I am typically used to a little OFF! wherein I smell like a bad Boy Scout adventure and the more I sweat, the more they swarm. Not with Liquid Net though. I used the wipe to cover my arms, neck, and ankle area, and then truly just forgot about it. It was easy to though. After 3 hours outdoors working I still haven’t received a bug bit.
So let’s review. Liquid Net The Ultimate Insect Repellent is:
- All Natural - All natural ingredients including lemon grass, cedarwood and citronella oils
- Safe - 100% DEET free, safe for the entire family
- Hassle-free - Long lasting and non-greasy
- Smells Great - Natural, pleasant scent
- Effective – In independent lab testing, Liquid Net actually outperformed common DEET repellents
- Guaranteed - 100% Money-back Guarantee!
And now for the special treat. Today I am giving away 2 packs of Liquid Net (30 towelettes in each package) just for reading this blog and doing one (or more) of the following things.
- Leave a comment on why you want to try Liquid Net
- Share this blog post on Facebook being sure to tag facebook.com/tinyrev
- Tweet this post using the hashtag #liquidnetrevolution
- Sending me a personal email with your name, address, bank account number, and PIN (NOTE: This option is only a joke. Please do not ever disclose financial information to an unknown source.)
I can’t wait to hear some of the comments and then choose a winner (done so with the help of random.org). Contest expires July 15, 2011 at 5pm EST.